Geo Area is designed to cater for just about anyone’s needs to measure field areas, collect ground samples, GIS surveys, and measuring perimeter shareable on all GIS platforms.
Geo Area is used by farmers for several agricultural applications: crop yield estimation, crop area measurement, and agriculture yield. Geo Area has been used in conjunction with remote sensing (satellite imagery e.g. SPOT 6, SPOT 7) and GIS applications, to collect ground truth data, field records, crop yield, farmers data and agriculture output.
Features of GEO Area
- Highly accurate area measurement, verified and tested with ground data
- Multiple area and perimeter units
- Ability to generate KML files
- Sharing KML for visualization on any GIS
- Ability to edit, delete records
- User friendly
- Intuitive interface based on latest Android Material design
- Tap the map to mark area, OR use the phone GPS receiver
- Ability to pause, start and stop GPS mode so that you can easily select the desired points
- Unlike competitor Apps, Geo Area has NO RESTRICTIONS ON SHARING your data
Geo Area Lets you do the following
1. Measure the area and perimeter of just about anything on the ground as seen on Google Maps
2. Use area and perimeter units of your choice including feet, meter, hectare, Kanal (area units for India), kilometer, yards, and acre.
3. Either tap on the points of interest on the Google Maps to mark area, OR
4. Use the phone’s GPS to mark the field boundary
5. Create Categories of your choice where you can group fields,please refer to the screenshots
6. Create unlimited categories
7. Geo Area lets you share and see the marked fields on any GIS for instance the Google Earth
Available on Android Phones only.
Google Play Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cegmas.geoarea