Note Taking Apps
If you’re out and about on the farm and need to record something or set a reminder later there are copious amounts of apps to download (so many apps in fact, it can be overwhelming).
Simplenote – simple, quick notetaking.
If you prefer to keep simple, plain text notes that you can access from your phone/tablet and the web, Simplenote is top notch.
There are free and premium versions with the premium version costing around €20 per annum. The premium version grants access to additional features like syncing with Dropbox and note creation via email.
Everything is private and sync is encrypted, but you can share notes publicly in a variety of ways if you want to.
- Syncs all your notes to the Simplenote services so you can view them on any computer with a web browser
- Tracks your changes automatically, so you can revert to older versions simply by dragging a timeline slider (10 versions saved for regular users, 30 for premium)
- Share and publish notes publicly
- Pin and tag notes
- Virtually unlimited note storage
- Search through notes instantly
- Encrypted synchronization
- Dropbox sync (premium only)
- Create notes via email (premium only)
- RSS feed of your notes (premium only)
Evernote – store everthing!
Evernote’s all about storing everything. So you can add images, annotate web sites, keep to-do lists, and so much more. If you want to take a photo of a diseased leaf, record a voice reminder to order more tags, Evernote has you covered.
You can quickly create a note, tag it with something memorable, share it, and set a reminder for it really quickly. Not only can you filter your notes by notebook and tag(s), your notes can appear in your Google searches if you grant it permission.
It also offers a web-clipper and email-to-notes service.You can share a note via Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, as well as via email or web link. If you are working on something sensitive or sharing confidential information with your Vet for instance, you can encrypt (password-protect) notes, notebooks and even selected text in any note.
Evernote is the modern workspace that syncs between all of your devices. Work everywhere and stay productive:
- Write notes, checklists, and research
- Organise web articles, docs, and photos
- Share and discuss your work with others, right within the app
Evernote offers a free service which will work for the majority of the people with one drawback being that storage capacity is limited.
The premium version costs €39.99 and offers more storage capacity, scanning and digitise documents and advanced search in your notes.
Windows Store Link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/store/apps/evernote/9wzdncrfj3n1